Mid-level PR Counselor, Technology and Aerospace & Defense
Banner Public Affairs is looking for a motivated, self-starting Mid-level PR Counselor to join our Washington, D.C. office. This position offers the opportunity to provide communications counsel and support to technology and aerospace & defense (A&D) clients, by developing, managing and implementing press and social media strategy, executive visibility and thought leadership programs. Superior writing skills and the ability to quickly produce content is a must. Candidates will be expected to proactively set program strategy and direction and be held accountable for leading and executing such programs.
- 5 – 8 yearsof experience in B2B and/or corporate communications, including some B2B and/or B2G technology (preference given for experience in cybersecurity, tactical communications, or wireless technologies).
- PR agency experience preferred.
- Excellent press relations andsocial media skills, emphasis on business media skills as well as relationships with government and defense trade media. Must have in-depth familiarity with Beltway business media.
- Passion for and solid knowledge of technology and defense topics with the ability to translate complex technical information into easily understood written and verbal communications.
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including media correspondence and story angles; and illustrate strong presentation skills.
- Strong event planning and account, program, and project management skills are essential.
- Solid experience executing public relations plans with the ability to draft and implement strategic public relations programs.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think ‘outside of the box.’
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results.
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
Interested candidates should e-mail resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
440 First Street NW,
Washington, DC 20001
8000 Maryland Ave
Clayton, MO 63105
4 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
555 South Flower Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90071