VP of PR & Communications
Banner Public Affairs is looking for a motivated, self-starting VP of PR & Communications to join our team. This position can be in Washington, DC; St. Louis, MO; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; or San Francisco, CA. This role offers the opportunity to provide communications leadership to a wide variety of clients in the energy, technology, and security industries by developing, managing, and implementing press and social media strategy, executive visibility and thought leadership programs. Superior writing skills and the ability to quickly produce content is a must. Candidates will be expected to proactively set program strategy and direction and be held accountable for leading and executing such programs.
- 8-10 years of experience in B2B and/or corporate communications, including some B2B and/or B2G technology (preference given for experience in cybersecurity, tactical communications, or wireless technologies).
- PR agency experience preferred.
- Excellent press relations and social media skills, emphasis on business media skills as well as relationships with government and trade media. Must have in-depth familiarity with Beltway business media.
- Passion for and solid knowledge of energy, technology and security topics with the ability to translate complex technical information into easily understood written and verbal communications.
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including media correspondence and story angles; and illustrate strong presentation skills.
- Strong event planning and account, program, and project management skills are essential.
- Solid experience executing public relations plans with the ability to draft and implement strategic public relations programs.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.'
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results.
- Professional, proactive, and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
- Strong relationships with reporters are a plus.