Director, Public Relations: Technology and Defense
Banner Public Affairs is looking for a motivated, self-starting PR professional to join our team. This position provides communications counsel and support to technology and defense clients, by developing, managing and implementing communications strategy including press outreach, executive visibility and thought leadership programs. Superior writing skills and the ability to quickly produce content is a must. Candidates will be expected to proactively develop and implement strategy and will be held accountable for leading and executing client programs. Successful candidates will be considered the Account Supervisor or Director level, dependent on public relations experience.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in B2B and/or corporate communications, including some B2B and/or B2G technology (preference given for experience with technology and defense clients/companies).
- PR agency experience preferred.
- Excellent press relations with an emphasis on business media skills as well as relationships with government and defense trade media. Must have in-depth familiarity with Beltway business media.
- Passion for and solid knowledge of technology and defense topics with the ability to translate complex technical information into easily understood written and verbal communications.
- Ability to develop and edit high quality written materials including press releases, media pitches and client strategy documents, and illustrate strong presentation skills.
- Strong planning and account, program, and project management skills are essential.
- Solid experience executing public relations plans with the ability to draft and implement strategic public relations programs.
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude who can problem solve and think outside the box.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results.
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
Interested candidates with relevant PR experience should e-mail resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
440 First Street NW,
Washington, DC 20001
8000 Maryland Ave
Clayton, MO 63105
4 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
555 South Flower Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90071